Experiments in awareness of emotional upset
- Writing starters: The last time I got really upset was when…
- Make marks: portray emotional upset.
- Make sounds: sound like roiling emotions.
- Objects in space: choose one object to represent each of five emotions. Pile them haphazardly and then lay them straight.
- Write or perform a dialogue between you when you are ranting and a Buddha.
- Move through it: what does it look like when you are “triggered”? When you are serene?
(Want more help with creative experiments?)