Kind promises evolved as a way of practicing compassion for myself, others and the larger world. I work with each promise a month at a time, blogging about my discoveries. At the end of the month, write a newsletter (subscribe at right.) summarizing my discoveries.
I promise to…/How can I…
- Forgive with wild abandon. [Forgiveness, New beginnings, Hope, Transformation]
- Live joyfully for no reason. [Trust, Happiness]
- Surrender patiently. [Patience] (Discontinued in 2017 in favor of:
“I will spend my days in a way that enhances the well-being of myself and others.” ) 🙂 Read about it here.
- Open to each moment. [Mindfulness]
- Build, nurture and celebrate connections. [Faith, Purpose]
- Be tender with weaknesses. [Compassion]
- Share strengths compassionately . [Generosity]
- Ask for and accept help gracefully. [Vulnerability]
- Reinvent whimsically. [Imagination, Creativity, Transformation]
- Advocate courageously. [Courage, Justice]
- Appreciate blessings. [Gratitude]
- Love without keeping score. [Love]
[Rescue promise: I will release, recommit and return to action.]