(Want more help with creative experiments?)
Experiments in befriending the mind
- Writing starters: how many voices do your thoughts represent? Let them speak for two minutes each.
- Make marks: make a self-portrait of your mind
- Make sounds: make nonverbal sounds that reflect your thoughts
- Objects in space: as you go through your day, gather symbols of the different ways you think; arrange them
- Write or perform a dialogue between a ruler and an amoeba
- Move through it: dance your thoughts