(Want more help with creative experiments?)
Experiments in taking a fresh start:
- Writing starters: spend two minutes contemplating the empty page. “To give myself a fresh start, I would…”
- Make marks: spend two minutes contemplating the blank page. Make five decisive marks.
- Make sounds: after two minutes of silence, make five different sounds.
- Objects in space: clear an empty space. Place five meaningful objects in it.
- Write or perform a dialogue between an oyster and a jellyfish.
- Move through it: move around the perimeter of a space, then stay still for two minutes. Move from one end to the other using five different motions.